I freaked out when I saw the post from Aftershokz that they had developed some new lightweight headphones! I have loved the previous two pairs that I tried (you can read about them here and here). I have a small head and ears, so the idea of something more lightweight was awesome.
Opening the box, I found my headphones and behind them was the charging cable, a silicone case, ear plugs (to increase sound quality, especially if wearing them inside of a gym), and my warranty registration card. I loved that these came with a silicone case because since you’re making a bit of a financial investment in your headphones, you definitely want to be able to protect them when tossing them into gym bags!
What I found with the Trekz Titanium, was that on runs of about 10 miles, my ears would start getting sore and tired of wearing the headphones. That definitely sucked, because I absolutely LOVE using these headphones for outside activities! So I started keeping those on shorter efforts.
I haven’t experienced that issue at all with the Air! They fit much better on my smaller ears and I don’t even notice them at all when I’m running.
Here are the features as listed online:
Here’s why I love them:
- I can easily wear them with a my glasses or sunglasses (pictured below), a headband, a hat, a buff, etc.
- Bluetooth connectivity is great
- Excellent sound quality for the style
- Easy to charge, and super battery life
- You can hear approaching cars, footsteps, dogs, etc and still enjoy your music
- You can still have conversations with your run buddies while listening to some background music
- Excellent phone call quality
- Amazing customer service
- Fun social media team, who’ll engage with you, RT you and be all around amazing
If you are interested in trying out Aftershokz Air, be sure to click this link and add code TRUCKER to get a free BibRave trucker hat with your purchase!